Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Benefit Show Results!!!


I am thoroughly kicking myself for the fact that I took NO pictures at the show!!! When we got home The Mr. snapped one picture of me which, obviously, blew out terribly....then the camera died. Egad! Oh well, my blouse was an awesome buttercream yellow which you can't tell but who cares anyway.....

WE RAISED $1144.74!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am seriously in awe of how this possibly happened! It's really unbelievable and awesome and wonderful!!! we were thinking MAYBE $50. We were in a small venue, no cover, just us an one other act AND there was another benefit show (for Haiti) much bigger, more bands of greater fame....and we knew so many people going to that instead. Ends up we made only 300 less than they did...I am utterly shocked, completely thrilled but speechless (yeah right, I know)

God is good.

I'm so happy people were so compassionate and giving and helpful. That's how things are supposed to be, neighbor helping neighbor, not because they HAVE to but because they WANT to!!! Hopefully this will help out Laura and Weston a bit in this time of healing and transition.

As far as the performances, Joey Vannucchi was wonderful. I always remember that I like his voice but then I hear his acoustic stuff and realize I've forgotten HOW MUCH I love his voice, so pleasant. The young gent helping him out singing and playing as well (Justin? Dustin?) also so pleasant.

As for us, Sing The Body, there were (as always) hiccups but it went so smoothly anyway it was a blast!!! Probably the most fun I've personally had doing a show, thus far. And we've got another coming on the 26th. With Joey again....YEAAAA! Different venue but I'll keep you informed.

Lovies and lucky pennies,

-K

PS. I FINALLY won an ebay auction on an instrument I've been trying to get FOR YEARS!!!! But an continuously outbid on!!! I'm too happy for words. I will try to post something with it as soon as possible. Just you wait.

No comments: