Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Busy Bee Me!


Apparently, when I run...I look like I have chicken wings. Bah-gaaawk!


I want to bite their faces I love them so much!



These are my end-of-winter-white legs, they are my favorite accessory of the moment.




Thank heaven for BooBoo Records!


So the last month has been super busy with many random things. Easter, spring break, finishing the CD, getting asked to be in more music projects, shows....on and on.

So there you have it, pitiful excuses but they're all I've got and all I've been doing.

I am now singing in 2 other projects besides Sing the Body and I'm supposed to sing for yet another one in the next month or so. Yikes! Our town must be really scarce on female vocalists if I'm what people are having to use. Oh well, I feel bad, like these other bands deserve better but at the same time I'm so excited to get to work on these amazing projects with such talented friends.
This last Sunday a friend stopped by and said that he had an emergency and needed me to sing with him for a show on Tuesday, we practiced a bit then and there, again on Monday with the other guitarist/singer and then again on Tuesday right before the show....all things considered, I think it turned out really well and although I was nervous it was still fun. The friend's name is Matt Bedrosian check his stuff out, it's lovely! (and no, even though I took the camera I didn't get a single shot!!!)

We are trying to finish up the packaging for the CD, it's just an EP but our release show is at the end of the month, Matt Bedrosian, Garage Voice, and Stereo Substance are playing with us and at least one member from Sing the Body will be doing at least one song with each of the other bands so it will be a night of collaboration!!!

Oh, and the pics I posted are from our trip to the coast again for The Mr.'s spring break. It was only a day trip, all we had time for, but still lovely. The morning we left it said it was supposed to rain, but by the time we got there it was pure blue skies and loveliness the rest of the day.

I promise to try to post more soon.

(For instance.....photos from the Yann Teirsen show....you may think you don't know who he is, but if you ever saw Amelie then you are familiar with his work...he composed the score!!!)

Lovies and lagging blogger,

-K

4 comments:

augustalolita said...

your sons adorable!! lovely photos!! you guys look like you had a lot of fun!!

The Body Electric said...

Thank you! Yeeeeeah, I think he's pretty much the bees knees! we had a blast and The Mr. needed a day to just get out of town and not think about either of his jobs. It was a low key refreshing day!

tess said...

this day looks so fun and your singing sounds like a good time too

The Cat and The Cow said...

You are baaaaaaaack!!!! YAY! That picture of S with the headphones GAAAAHHHH I want to squeeze him!!!