Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Recent Bargains


They remind me of macaroons....


Can't wait to wear this!!!!


Little covered bowl for nuts, presumably.



More pics for my bathroom wall....which reminds me, I should do a post on my bathroom wall sometime. ;-)


A cassette player and two glass bottles with glass toppers.
Can't wait to get The Kidlet some blank tapes and let him run wild. I LOOOVED that when I was a kid.


Sorry was my favorite game as a kid...for the life of me, I cannot remember how to play it.
I already played Battleship with Allie (Catandthecow) she won. :-( Hee hee.


I'm sure we will find a use for this in the band.


Last weekend a neighbor had a garage sale. I should have taken more pics because she is quite the treasure hunter and has the most DEE-lightful things. Clothing, furniture, nic-knacks, you name it....adorable, vintage perfection.

I walked away with an armful of clothes, and more stuff to max out the non-existent space in our apartment. Well worth it though.

She's having another one this weekend as she is moving away to Portland and is purging herself of almost everything except for her books and about 1/3 of her wardrobe. Everything else must go. I feel bad for taking advantage of such great deals and I'm sad to see her go but I guess I will have to find some solace in the lovely items she's letting me buy from her. :-(

Lovies and Lunchtime,

-K

PS. Wait till you see the clothes!!!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What awesome finds! Love the hat boxes and needlepoint's.

Meggstatus said...

I'm so glad I came across your blog. You seem like quite the treasure hunter yourself. And I'm glad you hunt more than clothing, gives me a bit of inspiration!!

Lisa said...

Sounds like you found some amazing stuff. Love the hat!

The Body Electric said...

Oh man, Lisa, that hat....THAT HAT!!!! I am still trying to figure out what to wear with it to keep it from being too "look, I'm dressed up for a vintage clothing party"....though I'll just do that if nothing else. I have a hard time making my hats connect with today's fashion. Hmm, something to work on.

Stephanie, I just about fell over myself getting to those hat boxes!

Meggstatus, I hunt EVERYTHING!!! Mostly stuff I do not need :-/ oops! I have an apartment that proves that point! ;-) Thanks for the encouragement though, I do love a good find!