Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bag Sale. (A continuation of yesterdays exploits)


These pieces are the remainder of what I found at that magnificent Thrift store bag sale!

Bow: Handmade
Shoes: Thrifted

This dress is the epitome of K's LBD. I cannot tell you how many variations of this dress I have in my closet...but THIS is the first of this exact combo. It is all things good in my eyes.
I am a big fan of baby doll waist dresses I love slightly, but not over-done, poofy sleeves. As a girl that sweats like a boy that lives in a place that reaches over 100 degrees for months out of the year black is near and dear to my heart. Aaaaand as a short girl you know how I love that just above the knee hem. Yep. Pretty good find if I do say so myself.




Slip: Thrifted
Shoes: Thrifted

This little red shift looks as thought it's just terribly wrinkled but it is covered in embroidered red roses, with cutouts at the waist and hem. (I seriously need help with my camera and blog, I am at a loss with how things are getting smaller and smaller....argh!)

Bow: Handmade
Tank: Old Navy
Belt: Handmade
Shoes: Thrifted

This skirt. Oooooooh this pencil skirt. It is a tiny olive-coloured, wool, hounds tooth from Banana Republic. I have not only had the fortune of finding this skirt at a thrift store before but have now found it again in a size that is a little more accurate! I LOVE this skirt but have sadly only been able to wear it on rare occasions when my health is kind of ok and my tummy is happy. I haven't been able to wear it in months, no matter how much I work out or watch what I eat because my tummy problems have made me too bloated to fit into it. (also my ribs and there is nothing I can do about that....I'm just not suppose to be a size 0) I keep trying that darn skirt on and it is just a bit too small.
I cannot believe I found it, same exact skirt, one size up. I am so excited! Egad. I love it.
Thank you thrift stores!!!



Bow: Handmade
Shoes: H&M

Again, for some reason, the colour is coming across inaccurately. In actuality it's royal purple. It's divine! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!





Bow: Thrifted
Belt: Thrifted
Skirt: Handmedown from old roommate
Shoes: Old Navy

You can't tell but this little blue top I bought has red bows printed all over it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still cannot believe each of the pieces I bought were .29 cents.

Best

deal

EVER!

Lovies and Lassitude,

-K

PS. Song of the day:

Avi Buffalo - What's It In For.

The new band I am quasi in had a show earlier this week, we played a show with this band. They are amazing and Avi himself is bafflingly kind and write way beyond his years. Check them out if you haven't heard them yet.

5 comments:

k said...

i looove your looks, so much! and yah - i'm having trouble retaining the camera information - so much to consider! but what helps me most is to go out and practice one feature at a time...now i just need to do it more often :) did i tell you that i have a big text book on it, too? that helps!

The Body Electric said...

ooo, a text book! Yeah, that would totally help! What book? It would be nice to have a recommendation, there are just so many books out there! I have your blog pulled up permanently, hoping to get it all figured out....eventually.

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

Oh wow, I love all of these. I especially love the pencil skirt outfit (that outfit is pretty much my dream work outfit ... but alas, my stomach is always bloated too. I swear, we're twins).

That off-the-shoulder dress is devine!

x Jasmine

Stephanie said...

I love, love your royal purple dress. It's the perfect go-to dress and I would try to wear it was much as possible. I still can't believe that all those items cost little more than a quarter and some pennies.

The Body Electric said...

Jasmine! Sigh....RIGHT!?!?! I just saw a new doctor this last week and I don't want to get my hopes up, but he is thinking outside the box my other doctor has been and I'm really hoping that maybe he has the answers!!! Gosh, that would be loverly! I'm so sorry you understand my pain! :-( Hopefully you will be feeling better too! (this new doc said that allergies are ALWAYS symptomatic, not a condition, so we just need to find what caused it correct that and then I'm good...oh please, dear Lord, let it be so!!!)

Stephanie, I am quite floored as well! I was looking at your pics from the Comic-con and thought, now I have to make it to one of these and find a character in a purple dress just so I can wear this! It's flippin' velvet so I have to find just the right occasion. Comic con sounds about right, right? ;-)