Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Thrift Stores and Scissors.







For some reason this turned burgandy (not a favorite colour) in the photo, in actuality it's plum! Yum!














Today a thrift store in my neighborhood (Neighborhood Thrift Store...the name says it all!) had a wonderful sale that periodically pops up! The $7 bag sale. Anything you can fit into a paper grocery bag for $7. The Big Sis and I went together and managed to cram all of our stuff into one bag and split the cost. My half of the bag ended up being 6 dresses, 1 romper, 1 top, 2 skirts, for me and 2 jeans for The Kidlet. Not too shabby for $3.50!!!

When I got home I promptly went to town cutting up the things that were "almost cute other than...." I am pretty much happy with how they all turned out other than the sea foam skirt, that could stand to be shorter. Clearly I like things just above the knee. I am a short girl and long things just accentuate it.

I will post all the pieces I am leaving alone tomorrow. Seriously, I broke it down, everything came down to being .29 cents a piece. YESSSS!

I love thrifting. Seriously. I feel so bad for people that don't enjoy it.

Lovies and lucky deals,

-K

11 comments:

picnicsandparades said...

are you too cool for school to follow my blog?!
hmmmmmmmmmm?


so many m's.

Lisa said...

I've never been to a bag sale, wow! awesome alterations <3 it!

The Body Electric said...

Lisa, I've never had one be so lucrative before!!! Wait till you see the other dresses, the ones I DON'T have to alter! YIPPPEEEE!!!

Whitney face, I don't know, are YOU too cool to follow MINE!?!!? So I was posting stuff on my FB for you and Allie and Allie told me, yeah, she canceled her FB, BOOO, but understandable! I love you dearyloo!

tess said...

that third shortened dress is amazing! you have a great eye

The Body Electric said...

Thank you so much Tess! I'll admit the hemline was an accident, I am not cool enough to have planned that myself! :-)

Ashley said...

fun! I love thrifting in the Fres when I come home to visit. perhaps we shall make a date of it and go together? sometime between 8/16 and 8/20? ...hhhmmm? ; )

Anonymous said...

Damn you are talented!

The Body Electric said...

Ashley, WHAT!?!?!? You're coming to Fresno!?!!? YES, YES, YES PLEASE!!! that would be awesome!

Christie, nonsense, if I was talented then this things would actually be hemmed. ;-) AHAHAH!

Stephanie said...

What great deals! Sometimes you just have to alter an item and it looks 100 times better.

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

Um, okay. I need to go thrifting more often, clearly. I always look at the 'frumpy' clothes and think, "Nah, not for me". Now I've seen exactly what can be done, I'm excited! :D

x Jasmine

sarah marie p said...

What the heck, woman?! You are amazing! Very, very impressive! Crazy deals and crazy cool alterations! I love it! I especially love the plum and sea foam green skirts. So pretty.

Reminded me of this blog:
http://newdressaday.wordpress.com/

p.s. I hope I didn't already leave a similar comment on another post. I'm always composing comments in my head for blog posts while I'm reading so I don't remember if I was just thinking of a comment or actually left one. Too bad it can't happen instantly like that! Ramble ramble ramble!