Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree






Here is our tree btw, just in case you were wondering. It is decorated with a hodge-podge of ornaments that have been collected by The Mr. and myself since we were children. The Mr's Mum (best mum-in-law EVER, btw) collected some for him growing up. My ornaments are mostly from my (Fairy) godmother. I always heard the term godmother applied to her and assumed that made her my personal fairy godmother, yes, as a child I had images of her handing me glass slippers one day. Eventually I grew up and found out what it really meant, but my engagement ring was a family heirloom handed down from her and I think it's worth 10 glass slippers. She was one of the most lovely people I have ever had the privileged to know and it still hurts to think of her being gone even if it has been almost 4 years now. On top of that (and what sparked me thinking and mentioning her in the first place) she bought my sisters and me each an ornament every Christmas since we were born. I adore my tree!!! Each ornament holds so much love and so many memories ....sigh....I miss her.

Hope this weekend is lovely and void of stress or annoyance, enjoy your self!!! Remember how much we look forward to this time all the rest of the year? Don't let long lines or grumpy people ruin it for you, it will be gone in no time!

Merry Christmas!!!

Lovies and Lucky Stars,

-K


Ps. I have NO idea why the above paragraphs are underlined and neither do I know how to get rid of it. Apologies.

No comments: